Nora Navra Library
Library Manager - Charles Young
The Nora Navra Library, originally called Branch 9, opened in two temporary locations during 1946. The original permanent 2,500-square-foot building, located at 1902 St. Bernard Avenue, was dedicated as the Nora Navra Library on May 2, 1954. The building was severely damaged during Hurricane Katrina and remained closed until it was demolished in 2017. Construction on the new 7,800-square-foot building is currently being completed, and a Community Celebration and Open House is scheduled for Saturday, May 12, 2018. Once the library opens, all six libraries that were damaged beyond repair by Hurricane Katrina will have been rebuilt.